Joshua C. Ezrin
Joshua C. Ezrin- Supervising Attorney. Mr. Ezrin received a Bachelor of Arts with honors in Sociology from the University of California at Santa Cruz in 1995, where he developed a passion for fighting injustice. Mr. Ezrin received a Juris Doctor from the University of San Francisco School of Law in 2001, with an emphasis in criminal and employment law. During law school, Mr. Ezrin clerked with the San Francisco Public Defender and the Federal Public Defender, and participated in the USF criminal law clinic, where he represented low-income individuals without access to legal counsel.
Upon admission to the bar, first of all Mr. Ezrin began his practice at the Alameda County Public Defender’s Office, where he gained extensive and invaluable litigation experience representing indigent individuals facing criminal prosecution. Thereafter, Mr. Ezrin further developed his litigation skills at a nationally recognized Plaintiffs’ law firm in San Francisco, where he focused his practice on employment, personal injury, mass tort and class action litigation. Mr. Ezrin is admitted to practice in California and the United States District Court for the Northern District of California. He lives in San Francisco with his wife and daughter.
A sample of Mr. Ezrin’s cases is below:
- In Zyprexa Litigation, MDL 1596, United States District Court, Eastern District of New York. Mr. Ezrin represented over 300 clients who allegedly developed diabetes and other serious injuries after ingesting Zyprexa. Mr. Ezrin also assisted in managing the MDL, and successfully settled all personal injury claims in a confidential settlement.
- In re Vioxx Litigation, New Jersey State Court and California State Court. Mr. Ezrin represented just under 100 Plaintiffs against Defendant Merck & Company arising out of injuries associated with the defective drug Vioxx. Two of the firm’s cases were scheduled for trial. Mr. Ezrin was instrumental in successfully settling all personal injury claims in a confidential settlement.
- In re Bextra Litigation, MDL No. 1699, United States District Court, Northern District of California. . Ezrin assisted in serving the Science Committee, and was instrumental in successfully settling all personal injury claims in a confidential settlement.
- In re iMessage Litigation, United States District Court, Northern District of California. Mr. Ezrin served as interim lead counsel in a class action pending against Apple for alleged violations of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act
- DaVinci Robotic Surgery, United States District Court, Northern District of California. Mr. Ezrin represented individuals with injuries arising out of alleged defects associated with the DaVinci robotic surgery. Mr. Ezrin was instrumental in successfully settling these claims in a confidential settlement.
- In re Weatherbest Litigation, United States District Court, Northern District of California. Mr. Ezrin and his prior firm served as Class Counsel in a class action that resulted in a nationwide settlement involving allegedly defective composite decking approved by the Hon. Samuel Conti.