Tenant Rights / Habitability / Mold
Our practice specializes in protecting families that have endured substandard housing due to the oppressive conduct of their landlords. We strive to help clients transition to safe, habitable housing and recover for their personal injuries and economic losses related to their tenancy. We are a contingency fee practice, which means that we do not bill our clients hourly for our time, but collect our fee at the end of a case from the settlement or judgment we obtain on behalf of our clients. This allows people who could not ordinarily afford an attorney to have access to the civil justice system. Our tenant practice focuses on the following areas:
- Excessive dampness and mold
- Vermin infestation (bedbugs, rodents, roaches)
- Tenant harassment/ Retaliation for demanding repairs.
- San Francisco Rent Ordinance Claims
- Wrongful and constructive eviction
- Negotiating residential tenancy buyout agreements